Wednesday, October 21, 2009
The Savage Family - Tempe Family Photographer
I headed out to Tempe Town Lake a few weeks ago to meet the Savages for family photos.... AND headshots for their mom's city council bid! I've done headshots for an author before, but never a candidate. Very cool, huh? Isn't she fab?
I met the Savage family because I did their niece Suzy's photos last month. I just love referrals, especially when it's within the same family.
We had such a blast walking along the lake finding cool spots to take pictures. And even though it was a crummy evening light-wise (seriously, a cloudy day in Arizona?), we made it work!
The Savage dad (see, isn't it a cool last name?!) is Chris, and he's a Chandler firefighter. We decided not to hold it against him that he was on A shift, but he's since switched to B shift, so now we can totally be friends (firefighters are so funny about shifts! "B is Best!").
The boys are football stars in the making, and from what I can tell, these two actually like each other. And they got to pick out their own outfits. Now that's cool parents.
Thanks Savage family for a fun Monday night in Tempe! I had a blast. Let's do dinner at Four Peaks, eh? :-)
If you're interested in family photos for holiday cards, check out my website for more details.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
John's Senior Portraits - Tempe Photographer
Two weeks ago I took a break from doing families to take pictures for John, a baseball star in his senior year of high school. I tell ya, I do not envy this guy's parents! The girls must be crazy over him.
Speaking of his parents, I did their wedding just a year and a half ago, and I'm pretty darn fond of this family. I was so glad we found an excuse to see each other again.
We had such a great time running around Tempe with his family in tow. He had the fierce look down, and was amazing to take pictures of.
And check it out, we had time for a few family photos too!
You know what I think? I think I could do senior pictures all the time if the seniors are as fun as this one.
Check out my website for more details on having pictures done for your favorite senior
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Light the Night
My husband, my brother and I are doing the Light the Night Walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society tonight. It's last minute because for some reason I totally didn't hear about it until yesterday. We've started a team page and would be appreciative of any support you can give... http://pages.lightthenight.org/dm/Phoenix09/ForJudy
Now on to the Weekly Planner:
State Fair starts this week!
I'm doing photos at a totally fun charity walk this weekend that would be GREAT for the kids if you don't have plans on Saturday morning. It takes place at the zoo, so the walk fee gets you into the zoo AND helps fund research for Autism. Lots of other fun things going on this HOT weekend too. (seriously? fall and winter are over already?)
• First is a cause close to my heart: Tonight is Light the Night for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. It is a 2.5 mile walk in the dark around Tempe Town Lake. If you wish you could come, but are busy and still want to donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, I've created a team page: http://pages.lightthenight.org/dm/Phoenix09/ForJudy
• ZooWalk - benefits Researh for Treatments for Autism Spectrum Disorders
• State Fair - Check here for ideas for how to do it on the cheap. And here for the weird food they have.
• Desert Botanical Garden is holding their Music in the Garden again.
• Beauty of a Bonzer - Charity event featuring Kool & the Gang and the Commodores. Saturday, USAirways Arena
• Frank Kush Run/Walk - Family & Dog Run & Walk, Saturday, Tempe Town Lake
• Rodney Carrington - Comedian, Dodge Threater, Friday