Saturday, October 17, 2009
Light the Night
My husband, my brother and I are doing the Light the Night Walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society tonight. It's last minute because for some reason I totally didn't hear about it until yesterday. We've started a team page and would be appreciative of any support you can give... http://pages.lightthenight.org/dm/Phoenix09/ForJudy
Now on to the Weekly Planner:
State Fair starts this week!
I'm doing photos at a totally fun charity walk this weekend that would be GREAT for the kids if you don't have plans on Saturday morning. It takes place at the zoo, so the walk fee gets you into the zoo AND helps fund research for Autism. Lots of other fun things going on this HOT weekend too. (seriously? fall and winter are over already?)
• First is a cause close to my heart: Tonight is Light the Night for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. It is a 2.5 mile walk in the dark around Tempe Town Lake. If you wish you could come, but are busy and still want to donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, I've created a team page: http://pages.lightthenight.org/dm/Phoenix09/ForJudy
• ZooWalk - benefits Researh for Treatments for Autism Spectrum Disorders
• State Fair - Check here for ideas for how to do it on the cheap. And here for the weird food they have.
• Desert Botanical Garden is holding their Music in the Garden again.
• Beauty of a Bonzer - Charity event featuring Kool & the Gang and the Commodores. Saturday, USAirways Arena
• Frank Kush Run/Walk - Family & Dog Run & Walk, Saturday, Tempe Town Lake
• Rodney Carrington - Comedian, Dodge Threater, Friday