Thursday, January 28, 2010

Big News!

Lots has happened since I last checked in! My pre-holidays photo sessions were amazing and I was happily busy. Now it's the new year and I had been expecting a bit of a slow down. Not so! I've already had a session this year and I've got an adorable newborn to point my camera at this weekend. I'm particularly excited about this one because it's the first born of a couple who's wedding I shot! I can't believe it!

I've also been pretty busy in my personal life as well. Ryan and I took our first cruise in December. Oh boy. It may have been our last. And right after the New Year I took a solo trip to visit my family in Florida. Of course it was during the coldest cold-snap they've ever had. Of course I took my camera along with me on both of these trips, so I'll be sharing some of those pictures soon.

And now on to the big news! Drum roll please....

First, Nemec Photography won a Bride's Choice Award from WeddingWire.com! I can't believe it! I am so honored and overwhelmed. And it's all thanks to my amazing brides and grooms. I've loved working with all of them, and it means a lot that they loved working with me too!


My second big news is that one of my photos was featured on a national TV show! Little Susie, who's session was back in the fall, was on Lifetime with her parents, and they chose to use one of the photos I took to introduce her. Isn't that amazing? You can watch the video here (go to this Sunday's show and click on the video for "Loving a Child with Epilepsy").


Thanks for checking in with me! Happy 2010. I have a good feeling about this year.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous SunnyInspiration said...

Congrats and congrats! So exciting. Hope 2010 is indeed a fabulous year for you.

7:25 PM  
Blogger hg said...

Congrats!! You deserve it.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous ed meds online said...

Much thanks to you for giving such significant data, and a debt of gratitude is for sharing this Business Promotion system.

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com