Sunday, November 08, 2009

Weekend Off - with pics

I've been so lucky to be busy with photography this fall, but I realized about a month ago that I had almost every weekend in November booked with jobs. And with my hubby in paramedic school and working shifts, things have been a tad crazy. So I saw that this weekend was suspiciously empty, which I took as a message from the universe that I should just set it aside and make it ours.

(this was taken by a stranger who may have left drool
marks on my new D700. good thing I brought business cards!
they were looking for a wedding photographer for their son.)

Yesterday we took the doggies up to Sedona to hike the West Fork of Oak Creek Canyon. It's one of my favorite hikes in Arizona and we haven't done it in years. Bonus: the leaves are changing! Yes, we do get changing colors in the Fall in Arizona. You just have to search them out. Luckily we found some.



We did about a 2.5 hour hike and were pooped out by the end. We were thrilled to find a bar and grill with a lovely patio to have a late lunch and an Oak Creek Amber to replenish our fluids.

(hand-held, btw, at 1/20s)

We took Schnebly Hill Road to get home (it's a dirt road that the Jeep touristy companies take) and check out our view from the top:


Overall, an awesome day with my family. Much needed. And another bonus: no photo gigs this morning so we got to sleep in! And watch cartoons...

I've got a few weekends in December open if anyone is still considering family photos. My turnaround is about 3 days, so you still have plenty of time to get photos taken for holiday cards. Contact me if you're interested!
www.nemecphotos.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Your pictures are just so amazing! Great job! How are you doing?

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com