Thursday, November 05, 2009

Phoenix Weekly Event Planner - TOO HOT!

*every week I send out a Weekly Planner to my friends and coworkers. now I'm putting it out to the blog world too!*

Sad that it's November and it's too hot to enjoy the Valley. Come on 'winter'!

Events
Brewfest - Tempe Marketplace, Nov 7 & 8 (but they have lame-o beer and it's $35)
Swan Lake - AZ Ballet Company, all weekend
San Tan Apple Festival - Saturday
Phantom of the Opera - Gammage
Scottsdale Fashion Week - Many different things going on all weekend
Kelly Clarkson - Saturday, AZ State Fair
LeAnn Rimes - Saturday, Wildhorse Pass
Pet-a-palooza - Peoria Sports Complex, Saturday
Festival of Greece - Sunday
Music in the Garden - Friday night, Desert Botanical Garden

Free/Cheap
Free cheese pizza at Papa John's if you become their Facebook friend
Plan ahead: veterans and active duty military get a FREE MEAL at Applebees next Wednesday!
Use code TEGJ6FD code for a free RedBox movie rental
Buy 1 get 1 FREE burger and fries at Denny's until Nov 23

Restaurant of the Week
Oh boy. I took Ryan to Fogo de Chao for his birthday yesterday. Let me tell you, if you want to impress the man in your life, this is the place. It's all-you-can-eat MEAT. They have a salad bar to start, then when you're ready you flip your coaster from 'red' to 'green' and the meat carvers DESCEND on you. They have 15 types of meat, cooked Brazilian steakhouse style. Food was fine (not worth the price, in my opinion), the service is insane (a little TOO attentive), but my husband adored the experience. He deemed it the best birthday dinner ever!

Take a Hike!
Wow! Someone took my Hieroglyphic Canyon suggestion.... and sent me pictures! How fun is that??
This week: I know I've put it up before, but Ryan and I love the West Fork of Oak Creek in Sedona. It would be great for fall colors right now!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com