Saturday, September 26, 2009

Trade Off

Ryan and I are very careful with our money. And by 'careful' I mean we try not to spend to much.... so we can take amazing vacations every year. We go out to eat maybe twice a week, we refuse to spend $20 to go to the movies unless the movie HAS to be seen in the theatre, we use coupons when we can, in general we just try to keep it under control without depriving ourselves of some fun.

But lately I've realized that I really need to upgrade my camera. My main camera is a Nikon D200, which is just fine, and when I got it I was THRILLED to have the upgrade, but now I've outgrown it. I need higher ISO capability. I need a full frame. I need higher ISO capability. The D200 is ok for my outside portraits, but oh boy, it is so noisy at high ISO for indoor stuff. And since I prefer to do as much as possible with available light, the D200 just isn't cutting it.

Soooo.... after much hand-wringing and over thinking, Ryan and I have decided it's time to make the big jump. So in two weeks I'm hoping to have this baby in my hands:

The D700. Yum. I am so excited to get my hands on this little guy. We're going to be dangerous together.

But, fair's fair. If I get a new toy, then doesn't Ryan deserve one too? Well of course! So for the first time ever, Ryan has himself a brand new, not handed-down, mountain bike:


Nice, huh? It's a Gary Fisher 29er. So, now the other trade off for me getting that camera is that I'm going to have to start being brave again on my mountain bike. Ugh. Do you have any idea how many sharp, pokey things there are in the desert just waiting for me to fall?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Subadra said...

I'm so excited for you! I love my camera toys as well. Good luck with the bike riding!

7:09 PM  
Blogger hg said...

Good for you guys - you deserve to splurge once in a while!

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Amanda Cowan said...

Oh man, don't let Chris read this. He'll ask me if I need a camera too. lol. He's already asking me if he can bring his road bike and mountain bike to Arizona at Christmas..the boy is hooked.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous SunnyInspiration said...

Cool new toys!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com