Monday, September 21, 2009

I'll ShowIt to Ya!

I am positively giddy over my BRAND NEW, shiny fancy website. Will you check it out? Here it is:


Pretty, huh? I have been wanting a new website for years for my business. I made my original site all by myself and it was fine, but boring. I spend a lot of time visiting other photographers' sites to see what everyone is up to, and I'm always so jealous of their gorgeous sites with things flying in and out. I really wanted a nice site, but I couldn't justify a pretty new site over buying camera equipment.

It seems like the most popular tool photogs are using these days to create their sites is from a company called ShowIt. All the big name, young, hip portrait photographers have these sites, but at $35/month, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Then those fantabulous folks at ShowIt decided to offer a FREE version. In just 45 minutes, and a little tinkering w/ their design to make it more my own, I created my very own hip website. It was super easy, and they give you 5 pages free. All that was left to be done was to set up www.nemecphotos.com to automatically redirect to the site (thank goodness I know SOME coding), and voila! Done!

If you are a small business owner looking for a new digital face for your business, I highly suggest ShowIt. I can see that as I expand my business, I can easily update this site, and eventually move to the Pro version with ease.

With that problem solved, I'm left with only one more problem to conquer today: which show (out of Heroes, How I Met Your Mother, or House) to sacrifice tonight because I can only DVR two!

3 Comments:

Blogger hg said...

It's awesome!! You're so talented

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Subadra said...

I love the new site! Way to go.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous SunnyInspiration said...

Cool new site. (And, what a deal!)

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com