Saturday, September 05, 2009

Coupon Sense

Lately the Yas have been on a coupon kick. Big time. I'm so totally impressed when they write how they saved $105 on a $175 grocery bill, or that they got half their stuff for FREE! It's awesome. And I'm tempted to jump right on that savings train.

But, here's the rub: it's a whole lot of work for these girls. And besides the fact that I'm lazy (not afraid to admit it), I'm afraid it would take the fun out of grocery shopping. I said, it; FUN. Ryan and I love, love, love grocery shopping. And we love Safeway where everyone is genuinely friendly. We love to push the cart together and take our time. The coupon thing would force us to different stores and 5 times a week to hit all the sales, and calculating how much each square of toilet paper would be if I got the on-sale generic with a coupon, and it's double coupons, so take that in account, and the bigger package would be how much cheaper, and where am I going to put all that toilet paper since I'm supposed to buy when it's cheap, not when I need it.

So, we'll stick with our boring ole, if we've got a coupon, we'll use it, and if it's on sale at Safeway and we happen to need it, we'll get it. Anything to keep grocery shopping fun for us. :-)

Tell me, how into it are you? Lucky (don't worry about it), Borderline (you clip coupons on Sundays), Semi-obsessed (clip coupons and do online coupons to your store card), or Hooked (you spend as much time planning for saving as you do shopping).

Although it is tempting. What I could do with an extra $200 in my pocket each month....

6 Comments:

Anonymous KC said...

I know I just started, but the site I'm following is to take all of that hard work out of it. I get the paper delivered, pull the coupons and put them in a folder. The website tells me what's on sale and what coupon to use. I pull it out and off I go. Also, I can build my list (something you can still do together) and print it out and it will group the items all at the same stores together, so I can get in and out if I need to. Mike and I still do this together, because like you and Ryan it's part of out together time :)

6:00 PM  
Blogger hg said...

Coupon? What's that.... I hit one store and that's usually the first one I drive past.

My mom was a coupon maniac - but raising four kids on just my dad's income mandated she save money.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous E said...

I'm with you. I am ALL ABOUT saving money ... but not at the cost of time and convenience. It's not worth it to me. If I happen to see a coupon for something that I am likely to buy, I'll use it. Otherwise, I'll just do the best I can with what's going on at the grocery store. Shop on, Sista!

8:09 AM  
Anonymous SunnyInspiration said...

I too am comtemplating whether I'd give it the time and energy to be successful at CouponSense. I clip coupons from Sunday's paper and try buy items on sale...

8:10 AM  
Blogger Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

It's just too much work and one more thing for me to keep track of. I'm too busy find six kid's shoes so I can get to the store! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to meet other firewives! Come visit often.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/forums/index.php?

FREE SITE , more info than couponsense

fun stuff like internet deals and such !!
I recently got ugg boots and shoes for less than $20

Also this site gave me the heads up of when Target marked down a huge selection of toys all 75% off I bought ton of toys for the firehouse christmas charity

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com