Thursday, August 27, 2009

Maricopa Arizona Family Photographer

I tell ya, I love family photo sessions. The very best part about family photos is that, unlike weddings, I almost always have complete freedom with time and creativity.

This past weekend I drove down to Maricopa to photograph a special family. I've known Randy since he was in Elementary School, and by a weird twist of fate, his wife Heather was a high school student at the school my husband Ryan student taught at when he was getting his teaching degree. Even stranger, Heather and I were on the same huge band trip (her: student, me: "chaperone") to Europe when I was still in college. We didn't know each other then, but we do now!

Heather and Randy have an adorable little girl named Addison who I know is the joy of the entire family's life. Her grandparents and Aunts and Uncles dote on her, and it's not hard to see how she earns that! She has the sweetest, most easy-going little personality and it was so much fun getting her to laugh for pictures. Luckily, I have my trusty photo sidekick (aka. Husband) who is like catnip to babies. Little Addie couldn't take her eyes off him, so as long as I had him standing right over me making faces at her, we were golden.

Addie had a bit of a rough start in life, but as you can see, she's a tough one! Everyone is so glad that she's healthy and happy.

Along for the ride was Kyra the pup. I love when families include ALL their family members! And luckily where Ryan's good with babies, I'm good with puppies, so it was a winning combination.

One photography-type note: I did some photoshopping to these pics, but not much. I hesitate to point it out even, but Heather got her knees wet (so did I!) playing in the grass with Addy, so I had to do some magic to her jeans in the photos! How did I do? :-)

On to the photos of this sweet family!






This next one cracks me up. Her mom called it her 'bitter beer face'. Ha!


Please visit my website if you'd like to talk to me about your own family photo session.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

The bitter beer face pic is my FAVE of the whole lot! And I saw the pic with the wet knees and the one you edited shows zero sign of wet spots OR editing. Great job - with the pics, entertaining my niece, and the the editing :)

7:30 PM  
Blogger hg said...

WOnderful pictures! I love the last one as well

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Amanda Cowan said...

Love the bitter beer face!! And her jeans look fantastic!!

8:19 PM  
Anonymous E said...

The last one of the baby is an absolute HOOT! I love it. I wish you were here to take our engagement photos this weekend.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous SunnyInspiration said...

Great photos!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Wow! You are amazing! That last one almost made me snort my coffee!

I hate getting our pictures taken. It is impossible to get everyone (8 people) to smile for a great family photo. someone is always goofing off or closing their eyes or picking their nose. It gets irritating. Any suggestions?

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com