Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Best Brownies EVER MADE

When I bake, I hardly ever feel like I'm the one who should get the credit for how it turns out. I didn't do the hard work of figuring out the chemistry behind the recipe. I didn't test it over and over until it's perfect. I just read and do.

So... I feel perfectly comfortable that I'm not saying this egotistically: I made hands down the best brownies ever this week. Have you ever had Fairytale Brownies? Yeah, I made brownies to rival those this week. I'm going to laminate this recipe, possibly frame it and put it up in the kitchen so it's close at hand. They are dense, and moist and cakey with a perfect flakey top. Chocolate perfection.

Here it is, the recipe for the best brownie EVER (which I got here):

Ingredients:
- 8 - 1 oz squares of unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted (I left them out because we have a girl w/ a nut allergy at work)

Prep:
Preheat oven to 375 deg F. Grease a 9x13 pan.

Melt chocolate and butter in saucepan over low heat; set aside.
In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at high speed for 10 minutes (this is important!).
Blend in chocolate mixture, flour and salt until just mixed. Stir in the nuts. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for 35-40 minutes (Don't overbake)
Cool, and the recipe says frost if desired, but I think that's ridiculous.


Happy baking!

2 Comments:

Anonymous amanda cowan said...

Those look fantastic!!

11:12 PM  
Anonymous SunnyInspiration said...

They rival Fairy Tale brownies? These are definitely worth making then!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com