Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Peachy Heaven in a Ramekin

OK, look. I know how charmed my life is. Most days I have time to hit the gym and make a nice meal for dinner, with time left over for a glass of wine and some TV. But tonight we outdid ourselves.

My husband crock potted a turkey in a bbq sauce he made himself. It was perfection on a roll.

After we let that settle in our tummies for a while, I decided to do something I've never done before: I made a recipe we saw on TV. See, we have a newly found food crush on Alton Brown (we're watching him right now!) and last week we watched one that was all about peaches. Coincidence? I happen to have a crisper tray full of peaches!



But what's this? I need a ramekin? I didn't have any, so I went out and bought some!

So here you go. Possibly the best dessert I've ever eaten, and definitely the best dessert I've ever made.



You put in there butter, brown sugar, peaches (mmmm!), crushed crystalized ginger (this is the key to this dessert), then a buttermilk cake mixture.  It's super easy and it does NOT need ice cream.  Check out the finished product:



Oh, um, what's this you say?  Two people, 4 empty ramekins?  Well, what can I say?  It just wouldn't be as good reheated!  We owed it to the Peach Upside-Down Cake to finish it tonight!  

3 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

Sweet heavens. Yes, please!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous SunnyInspiration said...

Beautiful photos! (Did the recipe only make 4 ramekins?) Very yummy sounding!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Mmmmm looks so good!! I def wanna try this!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com