Friday, May 08, 2009

Mothers' Day

Mothers' Day.... feels like a kick in my already hurting heart. They whole point of the holiday is to get you to think about, and appreciate, your mom. My mom was wonderful. We were friends. Good friends. She was the model of what a mother should be. And she's gone. And I appreciated her.


Every time I turn on the TV this week there are commercials about moms. In the mall: helpful signs with ideas of what to get your mom. The grocery store? Mom. Newspaper? Mom. Internet? Mom. Inbox of my email? Mom.


I was lucky that I had a mom who cooked dinner for me every night when I was growing up, she took picture-taking adventure days with me, we emailed while I was in college every day, we hiked together, shared recipes together, talked every day about our what was going on in our lives.... My mom was so great. 


I miss my mom, and some days I still cry, but this weekend, the weekend that's to remind people about your moms? It was never for me. I know that I always appreciated my mom. She was amazing and I knew it.


So please, if you have a mom, realize what a gift that is. Remember to tell your mom every day of the year that you appreciate all that she's done for you.



5 Comments:

Blogger Eduarda said...

I have been missing mine too. I want so badly to show her my crochet projects... She was a master at crochet.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous SunnyInspiration said...

Great photos that you posted. I can't imagine losing my mom. Just can't! Your mom is with you. She is. You're so strong for going through this.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous KC said...

Love the pics! :)

3:15 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Just wanted to let you know your mom touched so, so many lives, including mine as I worked at MCC under her. She was an amazing woman and I was proud to know her!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm sorry I haven't been by, especially on a day like this one. Its hard when you know you appreciated what you were given with your mom, loved her with all of your heart, but she's just not here anymore. :( Hugs.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com