Saturday, May 16, 2009

Millions of Peaches, Peaches for Me

Every May there is a Peach Festival at Schnepf Farm in Queen Creek, just south of the city I live in.  I've only ever been to the festival once before, about 3 years ago with my mom and dad, before she knew she was sick.  Little things like that mean so much now that my mom's gone, so I really wanted to go to the festival again.  



One of the things that sucks about being married to a firefighter is that sometimes I have to decide whether to miss doing something I really want to do, or just go alone.  Luckily, this weekend two lovely ladies, this fair little girl and her mommy, were excited to pick peaches too! 



Not only did we get to bite into juicy, perfect peaches right off the trees, we got a hayride, tried all kinds of fruit inspired goodies, walked around this huge farm, and had peach ice cream for breakfast!  I'd say that is a good morning.  



Schnepf Farm is so gorgeous, and I would kill to photograph a wedding here.  The fields are amazing (check out the sunflowers!), there are gorgeous tree-shaded pathways, fields and fields of fruit trees...  I would have the most fun with a bride and groom at sunset here. 



Now...  what to bake with all these peaches...





3 Comments:

Anonymous SunnyInspiration said...

I've got to check out Schnepf Farms! Glad you had fun. I just love peaches, especially peach cobbler. Maybe I'll make it to this fun festival next May.

7:34 AM  
Blogger indeazgirl said...

I'm so sad I missed this! I love good peaches!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Mmmm those peaches I bet were divine. :)

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com