Monday, May 04, 2009

Another week, another beach

My vacation is getting further and further away, but my skin is still peeling so it wasn't THAT long ago. But still, my tan is already fading and I'm just feeling so bummed. We looked forward to that vacation for months, and it was so much more amazing then we expected, and now it's over. What a let-down!

I do have more pictures, but I'm writing to you right now from a hotel room next to LAX. I'm in LA for a class for work, and I'm in the picturesque neighborhood literally right next to the runway. Lovely. I managed to stay awake for my whole first day of class, and it's a whole lot more interesting then I'd expected. Usually engineering classes are super dull, but our teacher is totally entertaining.

When we got out of class, I discovered that there is actually a trolley that goes from a stop in front of my hotel, right to the beach! So for the second time in less then a week, this Arizona girl dug her toes in cool sand and watched the waves. This water is WAY different then the Caribbean. California's water is gray and cold to the Riviera Maya's gorgeous water of every color blue you can imagine. But the Caribbean has nothing on California's amazing golden light before sunset. I've decided the reason California wedding/portrait photographers get so much attention is because they're given this gift of magic light every day. We don't get that in AZ.

So for the next few days, I plan to see at least 2 more golden sunsets on the pier with my book, then it's back to real life and the return of vacation blogging.


(cell phone pic, but we do what we can!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous SunnyInspiration said...

Glad your class is better than you thought it would be. Yay for beaches!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Beach sounds like a good remedy! :D

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com