Friday, April 17, 2009
• Scottsdale Culinary Festival - Uber fancy events with amazing food
• Great Arizona Picnic - Poor man's version of the Scottsdale Culinary Festival. This one's more fun and less floofy
• Grill at the Mill - Sunday. Went to this event 2 weeks ago and it was GREAT. Here's a second chance to hit this Olive Mill event.
• Phoenix Pride - Festival, Parade, party and more!
• Tri for the Cure - Sprint Triathlon! Sunday, Chandler
• Locks of Love Cut-a-Thon - Sunday, 10am-3pm at The Root (6315 N. 7th St, Phoenix). Call 602-277-4072 for appt
• Pat's Run - Pat Tillman's Memorial Run, Saturday, Tempe
• 3 Mo Tenors - Mesa Arts Center, Saturday
• Women's Adventure Race - If my pregnant boot camp teacher can do it, so can you! I'd be doing it if I wasn't going to be LAYING ON A BEACH! Woo!
• Jack Hanna - Chandler Center for the Arts, Sunday
• Gaelic Storm - Chandler Center for the Arts, Saturday
• Power Ranch Community Garage Sale - Saturday starting early
• Maricopa County Fair - Today through Sunday, AZ State Fairgrounds
Note: the Chihuly exhibit is still going on at the Desert Botanical Gardens.
Next Tuesday, the 21st, go to Dunkin' Donuts for CHEAP iced coffee, and a portion of the money goes to Homes for Our Troops
Restaurant of the Week
Cafe Boa. I've featured this restaurant here before, but I FINALLY got to go (Ryan took me for our anniversary this week!). I can attest that the food is out of this world. I highly suggest sitting on their pretty patio for people watching. Also, Monday is half off bottles of wine. And for a great date, why not head over to The Big Bang dueling piano bar afterwards.
Hike of the Week
I forgot how pretty the Papago Park area is. The temps are creeping up to the 90s, so why not head out to Papago for an easy hike and a great view of the Valley?
***As always, if you have an event or a new restaurant to try, let me know!***
I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.