Saturday, April 04, 2009

Sunflower seeds, and he may have peed in my yard

That's right internet, nearly 3 months of living in squalor and our last project, the floor tile, is almost done! That means there may be a day in the not-so-distant future where I'll come home and all my appliances will be plugged in! I can almost do laundry again!

Not that any of it went smoothly. Of course the cabinet guy was a nightmare (thank goodness they look awesome!), and the tile is a little jagged/eschew in some places (but for real, I'm just so DONE with this whole thing that I just can't bring myself to care that much). And I have about 200 little sunflower seed shells spit all around my yard that I'm going to have to pick up. (who DOES that at someone else's house?!)

I can tell you, it's going to be a long time before I do anything like this again. And when I do, we're springing for the expensive guys in the hope that they actually do the work a tad speedier. (Have I mentioned the tile project for a mere 400 sq ft of tile has been going on for 2 weeks now and it looks like it won't be done until the end of this next week? I get that the guy has a weird schedule, but it's making living in our house difficult) We still have carpet to do, but we can't afford it now, and it's almost a blessing because I just cannot deal with this for much longer. I'd love to have a day where I come home without the worry about which major appliance I won't be able to use for the next 3 days. As it is right now my fridge is in the living room and the washer and dryer are unplugged in the garage. That stench? Oh, it's me and my unwashed clothes.

I just want to be able to live in my own home again.
Now how would you deal with this?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you ask him to just make a new center (triangle) piece, that should be easy enough to pop that one piece out???

2:56 PM  
Blogger firemama said...

yup, I'd get him to cut a new piece. He'll have to chip away the mortar underneath and redo that. What I'm most concerned with is your carpet. Grouting is a messy job and washing off the grout haze requires lots of water... not sure how he's going to keep it off the rug.......

9:54 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Dang it. That does not look good. I am sorry this has been such a hassle!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com