Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Oink?

First, to preempt any questions: nope, no flu-like symptoms yet! And no I didn't feel the earthquake. But then again, I might have just thought it was swaying from the copious amounts of alcohol.

This trip was hands down the best we've ever had. Ziplines, mayan ruins, monkeys, Cozumel, dolphins, snorkeling, rapelling, massages, beach laying... It was the most amazing trip ever. But the best part was all the time with my hubby. How about a few pics of our first day there?

Our first day there was spent mostly at a park called Hidden Worlds. It's in the middle of the jungle (omg the mosquitos!), and the activities all involve cenotes which are underground caves filled with fresh mineral water. These cenotes are all over the yucatan and you can actually just go find them on your own in the jungle and go for a dip.

The first thing we did was the Sky Cycle. (btw, some pics are mine, some the park took)





So yeah, it was terrifying (the scariest thing I did the whole trip!).  As you can see from that second picture, we were above the trees for most of it.  Eek!  The half hour bike ended in a cenote where we geared up for a snorkel.



Let me tell you, it was a tad terrifying.  I had a tiny panic attack going through the itty bitty tunnel into the cave.  But once we got in there it was insanely gorgeous.  It was called La Iglesia (the church) because there were stalactite formations hanging from the ceiling everywhere and you could look below the surface and see matching formations below the water.  


It was all lit up from below so the water glowed in there.  I've never seen anything like it.  



Next was a zipline through the jungle.  SO fun I had to do it twice.



Next we rappelled into a cenote.  This was freaky too.



And the last thing was the MOST fun.  We did a super fast zipline ending in a splash in a cenote.  First forwards, then backwards.  WEEEE!




Yeah, that's a lot of stuff, but we ALSO did some Mayan ruins that same day!  But why should you have to look at any more of my vacay pics today?!  :-)  


3 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

Wow! This looks like so much fun. Thank goodness you two have each other. Can you imagine if one married a couch potato who just wanted to sit? What a busy and fun getaway.
And I cannot believe you snorkled in caves. I got claustrophobic looking at the photos.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Wow!! That looks so fun :) What an adventure!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous SunnyInspiration said...

I can't believe you did all that! What an amazing vacation. Looks like a ton of fun.(But, I wonder if I'd chicken out though on some of that stuff!)

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com