Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Weekly Event Planner
It's the time of year for festivals in AZ. Not going to be long until we're hiding in the a/c, so get out there and enjoy it.
• Great AZ Beer Festival - That's two weeks in a row for beer festivals! Tempe Town Lake, Sat/Sun
• Ostrich Festival - Fun Run and Parade are this weekend, Festival next weekend!
• Charlie Hunter - One of Ryan's fave musicians, but we're going to miss it! Rhythm Room, Sat
• Jimmy Eat World - Sat, Marquee Theatre
• The Temptations - Friday, Celebrity Theatre. We've actually seen them in concert! They've still got it...
• Movies in the Park: My Fair Lady - Biltmore Fashion Park, Fri night
• Dr. Seuss Birthday Party - Changing Hands, Saturday
• Carefree Fine Art & Wine Festival - Fri-Sun
• SW Flower & Garden Show - I may have FREE TICKETS. Let me know if you're interested
• The BIG Big Band - Jazz with the Phx Symphony
• Kenny Loggins - Sunday, Celebrity Theatre
• Coronado Historic Home Hour - Saturday
• Celebrity Martini - Benefiting Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, lots of local celebrities, food, drinks and fun
• Free Chili's Chips and Queso! - Sign up for their email club and they'll send you a coupon for free chips and queso dip
Restaurant of the Week:
La Parrilla Suiza - This is Mexico City style Mexican food. I had it a few weeks ago and it was very interesting and I loved my meal. Next time I'm trying the Nopalitos Campesinos, which is diced pork cooked in a sauce made with cactus. Mmmmm
Hike of the Week:
Let's hike for a cause this week. The Hike for the Homeless is taking place at Estrella Mt. Regional Park.
***As always, if you have an event or a new restaurant to try, let me know!***
I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.