Monday, March 30, 2009

Newborn Baby Photographer!

I had my very first newborn baby session this weekend.  I've found my calling!  OK, I don't know if that's fair because truly all I did was work the camera.  Brand new baby Nathan did all the heavy lifting.  Or rather, sleeping in this case.  He was a joy to work with because he is one pooped out kiddo.  Perfect for posing and letting me take my time.  

The mom for this session was surprised when she saw the pictures.  I know why she was worried, I can't blame her.  I grabbed a normal office desk chair, placed his favorite blanky on it, and had his mom plop him in the middle.  Some natural light magic from a window, and we had a perfect little impromptu studio.  These are almost all straight from the camera (except the B&W of course).  I'm thrilled.  Now if I can only get some more little clients like this!  













And of course we had to have one of the whole family!  And baby makes 4. 



Congrats to Nathan's new parents!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger hg said...

Amazing photos!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Those shots are beautiful, I see you're doing well!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Those pictures are really great!! :)

5:06 AM  
Anonymous SunnyInspiration said...

Beautiful!! Love 'em!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com