Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Less Than 3 weeks of sleeps

It's pretty well known to those in my life that I live for vacations.  Half the fun for me is the planning.  I love to make excel spreadsheets that start with every possible idea for hotels and activities, then I make areas for comments and price comparisons, then I eventually pare it down to the perfect choices.  I have an itinerary sheet, a cost sheet, a 'random activity ideas' sheet, a map sheet...  

Part of my obsession is TripAdvisor.  Never heard of it?  Oh then my friend, I have no idea how you're planning the perfect vacations!  TripAdvisor is a place for regular folk to go and rate every part of their trip.  Hotels, restaurants, activities...  I almost always stay at the #1 choice whenever I go anywhere and TA has never been wrong.  

I admit it, I'm also a tad obsessed with the Forums.  People go on there to ask questions of people who have been to a place before them.  The info on there is invaluable, but more then that it's highly entertaining.  Oh the things that people talk about!  How about a man who wanted to know if other people wore thongs at the All Inclusive we'll be staying at?  Or the other man who wanted to know if his wife would be safe at a local strip joint.  How about the people who wanted to know if you HAVE to use pesos in Mexico.  Or the people complaining that no one where they were spoke English.  And the many MANY posts about beach chair etiquette (to save for a friend, or not to save!  That is the question!)  Awesome.  

But there's also a few annoying forum habits that seem to permeate the whole site.  For instance:  "sleeps".  Oh good grief, if I have to read another post about how many 'sleeps' people have left before they get to go.  That's not cute, that's annoying.  

Well, fine, we have like 18 sleeps until our Yucatan trip.  And I can tell you, it can't come fast enough.  We have so much fun stuff planned (Mayan ruins, playing with monkeys, snorkeling in Cozumel, cerveza and beach laying...).  The best part is no cell phones or email.  I can't wait to get away from life!  

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Oooo Yucatan is fun! :D

That sleeps thing sounds pretty irritating. I do like trip advisor too.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous SunnyInspiration said...

I can't wait to see the photos from your trip! Sounds like you are quite the vacation planner and will have lots of stuff on the itinerary!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com