Thursday, March 05, 2009

Doggies, weddings, and lunges

Well, I was doing a good job keeping this thing updated.  The last few weeks have been a tad insane with the fast trip to Florida, the insane house remodel, a photo thing last weekend (charity gig), boot camp, and tomorrow I have a wedding.  

I don't care how many weddings I do, I always get so nervous I lose sleep.  The couple who is getting married tomorrow are just the sweetest.  The bride's parents are dear friends of ours, and we can't wait to watch these two get married!  But oh lord, it's even MORE pressure to do a fantastic job.  One way I deal with the jitters is I rented myself a fun lens to play with for the wedding.  So now instead of being nervous, I'm trying to concentrate on playing with a new toy!

So, a boot camp update:  I am kicking so much ass.  Seriously, I am really feeling a difference.  Sadly, I'm not SEEING a difference.  Stupid body.  But I'm not getting sore anymore, so I know I'm more in shape.  But I'm telling you, if I don't lose some weight I'm gonna be pissed.

House update:  we have no floors.  The tile has been ripped out for about 3 weeks now.  That's THREE WEEKS of walking on dust-covered concrete. And now we don't have doors on our cabinets.  Which, actually, is kinda better.  No doors to open!  I can see where everything it is w/out having to walk across the kitchen!  Hmmm....  Would it look tacky to leave the doors off?  
Cooking update:  In the last week I've made a delicious jambalaya (TOTALLY easy), these mini meatloafs (highly recommend), and Ryan made elk burgers (delicious!).  We've had some good leftovers around here.

I leave you with some hilarious pictures from the dog charity event I worked last weekend.  Gabriel's Angels uses dogs to teach abused children that hurting people and animals is not ok.  




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first doggy pic is great! Mmmm, jambalaya! Share house pics of the finished results too! Have a great weekend!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

The pics are great :) Love the last action shot one.

Mmm jambalaya sounds yummmmy!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com