Saturday, March 21, 2009

Baby Showers!

It's been years since I went to a baby shower, and today I went to two! The first for one of my closest friends, Rebecca. She was my maid of honor, we've been friends since high school, and this girl was meant to be a mommy. The second was actually a photography job, if you can believe it!

Anyway, Bec's shower was so classy and gorgeous, held at my friend Elizabeth's new amazing house.  My job was outdoor signage.  OK, look, I love to take pictures, it's my creative outlet, but that's the extent of my craftiness.  So I totally stressed about this assignment.  For two weeks I searched online looking for a brilliant idea.  ANYTHING to go along with the "Green" theme of this party.  Nothing.  Then with the help of my girlfriend Toni (who is a blossoming photographer!  yay!), I came up with the idea to make paper onesies with eco-baby sayings on them to hang outside the door of the party.  So I spent days this week measuring out the perfect onesies, cutting, drawing, pasting, and check it out!  I'm pretty darn proud of how these turned out!




Of course there was a 'baby' game, but my favorite part of the shower was when we all got to add a bead that we brought for a strand for Bec to take with her to the hospital.  We each got to add a bead and make a wish for Bec and her baby.  I gave her a bead from my mom's collection and wished that when her baby grows up, they are the best of friends.  

It was a lovely shower (with awesome food!) and she got TONS of presents.  This baby is going to be much loved and adored by lots of people.  And she (because we all KNOW she's going to be a little girl!!!) is going to have the best mom...  Love you Bec!



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama looks beautiful and that's a great picture of you girls!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh! Look at you girls! I gotta say I agree with you, I'm thinkin' girl too! hehe. Of course a little boy would be heaven too.. sigh, babies. hehe. I'm so glad you posted a couple pics. And I'm thrilled that you had a great time! What a wonderful pic of mommy-to-be! Thanks for sharing!

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those paper onesies are so cute! Great pics! Babies are everywhere these days!!!! Glad you had a great weekend. Wishing for healthy beautiful babies!

9:05 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

You really did such a kick butt job with the signage. I think you are secretly crafty and don't want to tell me because you know I'd rope you into lots of projects!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com