Thursday, February 26, 2009
Weekly Event Planner - and FREE stuff!
Hey all! Weather's in the 80s already, so take advantage of our 'winter' while it's still here! Oh, and a plethora of FREE stuff below, so check it out.
• Sportsmen's Expo - UofP Stadium. I'm sending my hubby on his own. Is that smart?
• AZ Strong Beer Festival - Um, yes please! Saturday, Mesa Amphitheatre
• Doggie Beach Party - I'm helping with photos at this. GREAT event. Saturday, 9am-noon. Benefits Gabriel's Angels.
• Parada del Sol - WestWorld
• WorldFEST - We'll be at this Sat night. Good food, beverages and activities
• Arts Jam - Looks like a good Saturday for the kids
• Lost Dutchman Days - Ohh! The Clydesdales! Apache Junction, all weekend. Parade is Saturday.
• Don't forget your free sub at Quiznos. There's still a few left!
• Buy One Get One Free Entree at TGI Fridays. Only good until Sunday. Print the coupon.
• Get a free movie every Monday night at RedBox. Sign up on their site for weekly codes.
• Earn FREE gift cards just by doing regular online searching! They've got all kinds of prizes and gift cards to places like Amazon, Target, Starbucks, etc. It costs you nothing but a switch from Google to this site for your searching.
• Let someone else pick your extra citrius, for FREE, and donate it to the East Valley Food Bank.
Restaurant of the Week:
D's Thai. This one's especially for the Boeing folk on my distribution list. D's is on the SE corner of Higley and Brown. It's a family owned tiny Thai restaurant, and the curry is tasty! I had plenty for leftovers at dinner. (Side note: I'm looking for your FAVORITE Thai place in the Valley. Who's got one?)
Hike of the Week:
If you haven't been to the Riparian Preserve in Gilbert, you're missing out on a little hidden gem in our area. It really is a great place to take a walk and there are so many interesting birds around. Make sure to bring your camera and binoculars!
***As always, if you have an event or a new restaurant to try, let me know!***
I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.