Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Phoenix Weekly Event Planner - Valentine's Day Plan-Ahead!
Willo Historic Home Tour - This is SO GREAT. Sunday. Discount tix online
* AZ Renaissance Festival - Starts this Saturday thru March
* Classic Car Show - Heritage Square in Phx, Saturday 10am-4pm, free
* Stars on Ice - Friday, Jobing.com arena
* AZ Fine Art Expo - thru March
* Chris Isaak - Wednesday the 11th, Celebrity Theatre
* First Friday
* Kodo Drummers - Mesa Arts Center, Tues the 10th
* Chinese New Year Festival
* Tucson Gem and Jewel Show. I've been with my FIL and it's pretty impressive.
Mesa Arts Center free concerts, every Thursday thru March. It's their Out To Lunch Series. Bring a lunch, enjoy the weather in their garden, and listen to great music.
Restaurant of the Week:
I'm a sucker for Middle Eastern food. Café Istanbul. The food is excellent, and the restaurant seems to have lots of regulars, which is always a good sign. The only thing I didn't like was the belly dancer. Have your dollar ready. She won't leave you to your delicious food until you give one to her. After dinner, stop by the market next door and check out the WALL of interesting spices. It's heaven.
Hike of the Week:
Shaw Butte Trail, Phx Mountains Preserve. AMAZING city views at the top. 1.2 miles each way.
* Dolce Spa has GREAT discounts on gift cars, and some sweet package deals for V-day.
* Romeo & Juliet at Ballet Arizona
* Cavalia (like Cirque du Soleil, but with horses)
* Couples Cooking Class on Feb 13th
* Valentine's Thai Yoga/Massage with Partners
* Make dinner and rent a romantic movie (The Notebook, Casablanca, Say Anything, Titanic...)
* Chihuly: The Nature of Glass at Desert Botanical Garden (sign up for a specific time)
* Your lady like jewelry? Take her to the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show
* The Pleasure Feast at the AZ Renaissance Festival
* Phx Zoo Jungle Love - Fancy dinner and a comedy show about animal mating
***As always, if you have an event or a new restaurant to try, let me know!***
I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.