Friday, February 13, 2009
Phoenix Weekly Event Planner - Love is in the air
Hey all! Lots of stuff going on Saturday for the big day-o-love. If you're feeling the pinch of the economy, check out my 'cheap' ideas at the bottom.
• Chihuly: The Nature of Glass - Desert Botanical Garden (sign up for a specific time)
• Tucson Gem & Mineral Show
• Romeo & Juliet - Ballet Arizona
• Jimmy Carter signs his book - I'm going. I've never seen a real, live President before! Changing Hands, Friday
• Cavalia (like Cirque du Soleil, but with horses)
• The Pleasure Feast - AZ Renaissance Festival
• Robin Williams - Fri and Sat, Dodge Theatre
• NBA All-Star Events
• Couples Cooking Class on Feb 13th
• VNSA Book Sale - Formerly that Visiting Nurses book sale. AZ State Fairgrounds. Sat and Sun
• Bone Marrow Drive - Just a swab of the mouth is all it takes. You'll be entered in a database and maybe some day you could help save someone's life! You do pay the tissue-typing cost, but it is totally tax deductable.
Call your long-distance loved ones on Valentine's day for FREE from any landline courtesy of Free411, which I use ALL the time.
Restaurant of the Week:
Alto ristorante e bar - I haven't eaten at the Hyatt in years, but I'm suggesting this restaurant because your meal comes with a romantic gondola ride. Perfect for V-day! Make reservations to beat the crowds.
Hike of the Week:
How about pack some champagne and cheese and crackers and take a hike up Piestewa Peak.
Economical Valentine's Ideas:
• Take the light rail to the Phoenix Art Museum ($10), then have lunch at the museum by Arcadia Farms
• Take a drive to the Rim Country to see the new snow. Bring hot cocoa and a camera.
• Make a romantic dinner and rent a movie (The Notebook, Casablanca, Say Anything, Titanic, 50 First Dates ...)
• Tour and lunch at the Queen Creek Olive Mill
• Stroll through Old Town Scottsdale and check out the public art
***As always, if you have an event or a new restaurant to try, let me know!***
I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.