Tuesday, February 03, 2009

And Please, don't drive like my brother...

Now I realize that half of you reading this will say to yourself "What decade was she born in??" when you read this, but....  I think I may have successfully fixed my exercise problem!  

Generally, the reason I don't like working out is because it's boring to me.  I don't enjoy it.  ESPECIALLY running.  I have very little patience for it, so instead of zoning out like you're supposed to, my mind gets stuck on "I hate this, I hate this, I hate this".  Anyone else have this problem?  

I told this to my boot camp instructor and she told me she has the same problem.  And this is a girl who does marathons and triathlons!  It made me feel a little bit more encouraged that she had the same issue.  She solves it by downloading audio books.  So I considered that and decided that one of two things would happen:  1.  I would lament the time I was wasting with an audio book when I'd rather curl up on the couch with a real one.  Or 2.  I'd be one of those people who would walk around constantly attached to my freaking iPod.  

The solution?  Podcasts!  I know, I know, you're rolling your eyes because you've been doing that for YEARS.  It's not that I didn't know what a podcast was, I'm not that out of it, I just never did it.  Today I took the monster dogs on a walk to warm up before boot camp, and I took Car Talk with me.  It was so much fun!  I found myself ignoring the walk and getting totally into the show.  AND, when I got back to my house, I was bummed because there was 10 minutes left, so I kept walking!  I think this is really going to help.

A small remodel update:  THE GRANITE IS IN!  :-)  How about some before and after pics, eh?

     
Before/After of the kitchen.  Cabinets to be re-faced in 4 weeks.


  
Before/After kitchen sink!  It's so DEEP!  

  
Before/After guest bathroom.  Also waiting for new cabinet facing.  Obviously, new mirror is forthcoming as well.  :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

Okay, that looks fantastic. Really nice!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com