Friday, January 30, 2009
Weekly Event Planner - Red Edition (GO CARDS!)
I hope a few of you signed up for London's Run this weekend. Ryan and I are busy training (ha!) for our big 2 mile run. Please at least consider coming down to donate blood. You can sign up for an appointment on the website, or just come down! And bring the kids! There's all kinds of fun stuff for them to do.
London, the little girl who the run is named for, had the same kind of Leukemia my mom did.
'Tis the season for watching sports and overindulging on junk food. Let's see what we've got going on this weekend....
• London's Run - benefiting children with cancer, Saturday, Queen Creek
• FBR Open - always fun to watch Scottsdale girls teetering around on the grass in tall heels! (NOTE: law enforcement, fire, forest service, and military personnel get in with a guest for free! Bring your work ID or badge)
• Walk 'n Roll Dog Walk - Benefits Power Paws Assistance Dogs. I've been, it's fun!
• Katy Perry - Marquee Theatre, next Tuesday
• Godspell - Mesa Arts Center starting Friday
• Star Trek Exhibit - AZ Science Center
• Craft Festival - AZ State Fairgrounds
Wear red to support the Cards on Saturday, and get a free burrito at Chipotle! 2-4pm, any Chipotle.
ALSO: free churros at Del Taco until Sunday (with the purchase of any food item) if you're wearing Cardinals gear, or your vehicle has Cards stuff on it.
Restaurant of the Week:
PIZZA FUSION. McKellips and Recker. I noticed it a few weeks ago and they just had their grand opening last weekend. It's been getting rave reviews, with the exception of their vegan desserts. Sounds disgusting! I'll stick with their delicious sounding all-organic pizzas.
Hike of the Week:
Usery Park (Ellsworth North of McDowell) is holding a Hiking 101 class. Could be fun if you're not a big hiker but always wanted to be! Easy 2.5 mile hike is plenty enough justification to have an extra chicken wing or two on Sunday...
***As always, if you have an event or a new restaurant to try, let me know!***
I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.