Friday, January 30, 2009

Weekly Event Planner - Red Edition (GO CARDS!)

Since I got so much interest in the Weekly Event Planner that I put out, thought I'd throw it up on my blog and see if it sticks!

I hope a few of you signed up for London's Run this weekend. Ryan and I are busy training (ha!) for our big 2 mile run. Please at least consider coming down to donate blood. You can sign up for an appointment on the website, or just come down! And bring the kids! There's all kinds of fun stuff for them to do.

London, the little girl who the run is named for, had the same kind of Leukemia my mom did.

'Tis the season for watching sports and overindulging on junk food. Let's see what we've got going on this weekend....

London's Run - benefiting children with cancer, Saturday, Queen Creek
FBR Open - always fun to watch Scottsdale girls teetering around on the grass in tall heels! (NOTE: law enforcement, fire, forest service, and military personnel get in with a guest for free! Bring your work ID or badge)
Walk 'n Roll Dog Walk - Benefits Power Paws Assistance Dogs. I've been, it's fun!
• Katy Perry - Marquee Theatre, next Tuesday
Godspell - Mesa Arts Center starting Friday
Star Trek Exhibit - AZ Science Center
Craft Festival - AZ State Fairgrounds

FREE STUFF:
Wear red to support the Cards on Saturday, and get a free burrito at Chipotle! 2-4pm, any Chipotle.
ALSO: free churros at Del Taco until Sunday (with the purchase of any food item) if you're wearing Cardinals gear, or your vehicle has Cards stuff on it.

Restaurant of the Week:
PIZZA FUSION. McKellips and Recker. I noticed it a few weeks ago and they just had their grand opening last weekend. It's been getting rave reviews, with the exception of their vegan desserts. Sounds disgusting! I'll stick with their delicious sounding all-organic pizzas.


Hike of the Week:
Usery Park (Ellsworth North of McDowell) is holding a Hiking 101 class. Could be fun if you're not a big hiker but always wanted to be! Easy 2.5 mile hike is plenty enough justification to have an extra chicken wing or two on Sunday...


***As always, if you have an event or a new restaurant to try, let me know!***

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Looks like a lot of fun things to do - I hope you have a great weekend!! :)

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this idea as a weekly blog post! ~D

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com