Monday, January 19, 2009

A Very Happy Half Birthday!

Today is my half birthday!  Weee!  Happy half birthday to me!

When I was in junior high school I would get sad when all the other kids got their special day.  The big thing was balloons.  Those jerks all happily floated down the halls between classes with their many-colored balloons.  I was born in July.  Not only did I never get to carry stupid balloons at school, lots of kids were on vacation when my parents threw me birthday parties.  

One year on January 19th I got a call to go to the front office.  I was a good kid (too good, too boringly good) so I freaked out.  What in the world could I have done wrong??  I get to the office and there is my very own bunch of balloons.  The parents of one of my brother's friends did it!  I couldn't believe it and I had the best day ever.  I had balloons!  

Another one of my girlfriends turns 30 this week.  Good gravy we're getting old fast.  But you know what?  It still feels good to celebrate each year.  And you know what else?  I think I'm still not too old to celebrate my half birthday!  So atpanda, cheers to you!  

Thankfully I'm also old enough to celebrate my half birthday with vino instead of balloons.  That'd look pretty stupid at work...  

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun. In six months is it your 30th? :)

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you can have wine at work?! ;)

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, i'm sad for my kiddos for that same reason. July 8 and June 23. boo. all the kids are out of town for their bdays. i tried to talk ben into switching to another day last year. he didn't go for it.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Half!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com