Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mr. Cabinet and Friends

Holy home remodel batfolk.  We in the atpanda house are in fill-tilt remodel mode.  In the next month we are doing the following:  refacing kitchen cabinets, granite countertops, refacing and granite in guest bathroom, paint bathroom, paint living room and kitchen, new tile in house, new carpet in living room...  am I forgetting anything?  

It is so easy for a remodel to spin out of control.  You can't do the cabinets without the countertops.  And since you're doing the kitchen, why not just do that same stuff in the bathroom.  And since we're redoing cabinets, might as well replace kitchen tile since cabinets will go to the floor.  And since we're doing floors, might as well paint...  You see how it goes.

Ryan and I are so different when it comes to stuff like this.  Call it laziness, but I tend to be content with what I have.  Ryan is always striving for more.  I think we balance each other out that way.  Good thing too because if it were left to me, our house would have no decorations and only the necessary furniture.  And if it were up to Ryan, we'd be doing 'projects' constantly.  So yeah, this time we're a little out of control, but I'm consoling myself with the fact that we're gonna throw a huge party when it's done.  Wanna come?

So prepare yourself for many "in progress" pictures of the remodel.  And for much venting and ripping out of hair over contractors.  Like our cabinet guy who is from Romania, speaks little English, and always (in person and on the phone), introduces himself thus:  "It is I, Andri, Mr. Cabinet".  He's a treat.

Let the fun begin...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Mr. Cabinet will keep you laughing! Good luck with this long list of projects!

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pictures! I feel the same way you do.. other than the fact that I hate living in an apartment. I hate having too much of anything, furniture, decor, etc.. It just feels like clutter to me. I think I'm a minimalist. So on one hand I really want a house with a backyard. On the other hand, I don't want too much to go into that house. However, since I saw my in-laws remodel.. I can't wait to do my own kitchen remodel. I think we may actually buy a house specifically to re-do the kitchen (so we may buy something with an outdated kitchen). Yeah! Hope it goes swiftly and smoothly for you!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com