Monday, January 12, 2009

Before and After

Yesterday I dragged my poor husband to Imaging USA.  Possibly the largest photo expo ever, and it happens to be here in Phoenix right now.  And I found a discount code online for complimentary entrance to the thing!  That saved me $70 for the two of us.  

It was like a photographer's dream world with every toy imaginable.  It was painful!  I wish I had won the lottery this week so I could have gone crazy. The most fun booth was the Totally Rad Action guys.  I'd been thinking about buying their actions for a while, and this clinched it for me.  

I read a lot of other wedding photographers so I can keep up on the style that's hip right now, and right now brides are looking for artsy stuff, and these actions are the answer.  I wasn't thrilled about it because I personally prefer regular old, not over-worked pictures.  I like my pictures to look real, not surreal.  But I do see why some people like these fun effects, so I figure I'll give it a shot.  

And holy heck am I having a good time!  Check out some of the pictures I've re-worked.  What do you think, better or too much?

Before:
 

After:
 

Before:

After:

And one more that I'm pretty darn pleased with.  I think I'm an Action convert...



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the bride I like the second one.. because you can see her face better. And I do like that the second groom one seems a little brighter but I have no idea otherwise. I LOVE the shoe shot. So cute!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That sounds so fun!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the shoes pic! Beautiful. I need to learn the manual settings on my new SLR!!! Photography can be so fun--I think I'm getting addicted to a new hobby! Agghhhh! :)

9:53 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

I love what you've done with the editing of these. The brightness is just where you need it.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how there seems to be a soft glow around the the brides dress, and around the groom.
And, of course, the shoe shot is totally clever!
Nice job!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com