Sunday, January 18, 2009

Arizona Pride

When I was living in Seattle for a short time I found myself constantly talking about Arizona.  Moving away made me realize how much I truly belong here.  There is just so much to love about this state, and we try to take advantage of all of it.  We love camping in the forest, hiking in the desert, amazing spring flowers, indescribably beautiful sunsets, the close proximity to snow and ocean... 



Every week I put out this thing called the 'Weekly Planner'.  The distribution list is mostly friends and coworkers, and I originally started it because I was already searching out fun things to do every weekend and I felt like I might be able to convince a few other people to get out there and try something.  Anything!  I live for the weekend and it kills me when I ask someone what they're doing for the weekend and they say, "Uh, I dunno, probably nothing".  NOTHING?!  I include special events, a hike every week (or in the summer I include a cooler road trip option), and a new restaurant for people to try.  I also add special deals (I love free food!) when I find them.



Sometimes I wonder if people think it's silly, but I haven't ever had anyone ask to be taken off my list and occasionally I get an email from someone: "I tried that restaurant and it was so much fun!" or "I went to the sidewalk chalk art thing and it sucked", but in general people seem to enjoy it.  


There's so much to love about Arizona, and so many things to do, I can't imagine living anywhere else.  Just today Ryan and I went to an amazing bagel place for b-fast, then off to the Barrett-Jackson car auction (SO awesome!  I'd never been before), then back into the Jeep (top off because our weather is awesome of course!) to listen to the last 15 minutes of our Cardinals winning the game that will take them to the Super Bowl!



Arizona has come a long way from when my parents moved here thinking it was going to look like the Sahara Desert.  I can't imagine living anywhere else.  If you ever need ideas of something fun to do over the weekend, or if you're visiting our state and are looking for great places, let me know.  I *heart* AZ!


6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, can I be added to your weekend fun guide? kristengw@gmail.com

Thanks, always looking for fun things to do!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That last shot? Absolutely beautiful! Where is that?

6:23 PM  
Blogger atpanda said...

Awe, thanks. It's one of my favorites. That's out by Saguaro Lake looking at 4 peaks. It's a year old but I still love it.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics! You should post that info on your blog about things to do!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

OK, I want some ideas. My kids are now old enough to actually appreciate fun things to do in AZ. SO can you add me too?????

8:27 PM  
Blogger indeazgirl said...

HI, if this comment is in duplicate, I'm sorry, but I don't know where my last one is. My friend from Idaho found me this blog- I've lived here for about 2 years and am still trying to gain this appreciation you have for Arizona. Will you add me to your list? It's christin@ida.net.
Thanks so much!
cc
oh, and you can read my blog if you want to, it's
www.iwantthebest.blogspot.com

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com