Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Very Merry

The holiday was actually, dare I say... pleasant?  My dad is in California, but we did dinner and presents on Monday.  I was with my in-laws all day yesterday.  And today I did a ton of running around!  Overall, a very nice week.

Because Ryan has worked the last 3 Christmases, we sort of have a little tradition.  We got up at 5am, turned on some holiday music, open gifts, and I made french toast while Ryan got ready for work.  I'm really not too sad about Ryan working today.  We're not religious, and while I love the feeling of this time of year, it really is a whole lot of fun sharing it with his guys at the station.  Every year I put together gift bags for those guys (Ryan included, and he doesn't get to peak in them until Christmas day).  They always have candy, but they also have something that shoots, something that makes obnoxious noise, and some sort of car.  They're like children, so the guns cause a little problem during the day.  :-)  

I also had my very own version of A Christmas Story today.  I met my brother near the movie theater thinking for sure Chili's would be open.  Not so.  And the only thing that was open?  A Chinese buffet!  Omg, we had a good laugh over the two of us sitting in a Chinese restaurant on Christmas opening gifts at the table there.  Ha!  

And as if I haven't already gained 5lb more then the requisite holiday ten, I then went to Christmas dinner at the fire station.  Those boys can cook!

Now, with my glass of wine and White Christmas (my fave!) on TV, I want to wish you all a very happy holiday, no matter what you celebrate.  

3 Comments:

Blogger Ramona said...

Merry Christmas Amanda,
Sounds like you had a great celebration!

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

10:13 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

I am so, so glad this holiday season was okay. You have know idea how many times I thought about you.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com