Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Beautiful people

Yeah, yeah.  I neglected my Thanksgiving post.  It was pretty much the worst Thanksgiving ever.   It involved too much food (ok, that's not a bad thing), two run-away dogs (one was mine), one family feud, and lots of uncomfortableness.  Ah well,  I guess then, I'm thankful that it's now the week AFTER Thanksgiving.  

I've done quite a few photo jobs lately, and boy am I ever blessed with gorgeous people to photograph.  Wanna see a few?  






Right?  They make my job easy.  :-)  This weekend I have an amazing job coming up.  I'm going to be doing Santa pictures at the Zoo (ZooLights!!) for a very special holiday party.  Affinity Family Care is another amazing agency in my area.  They help parents of disabled children find the services they need.  This party?  It's for the kids.  And oh boy, we've got 445 people RSVP'd for this thing.  Too bad you can't have two Santas at the same party!  I'm afraid some people aren't going to get a picture, but my little helper elf (Ryan) will be moving people through quickly, so we'll do our best.  It's gonna be a zoo though.  Ha!  A zoo!  

I've started my holiday shopping, but I'm floundering a bit this year.  With the economy, and my mom passing away, it's just hard to know how to celebrate.  Big celebration to over-compensate?  No celebration at all?  I'm sure we'll figure it out, but it's getting harder, if anything, to put on a brave face.  

Ok, ok, really quick:  I am thankful for my husband (is it OK if I brag that he's pretty darn close to perfect?), my brother (one of my bestest friends!), my Florida relatives, my girlfriends, my mom's friends (who feel the need to adopt us, and heck if I'm going to say 'no' to free food!), my job, my pups, my life...  I have a really good life, and so much to be thankful for.  Guess I'll try a little harder to remember that when all this other stuff happens.  

Amanda

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That top photo is gorgeous! I will need some picture taking tips from you it looks like! :) Hope you have a good holiday season.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com