Sunday, November 09, 2008

Life, such as it is

I'm feeling pretty good these days. Life's back to normal, but different. Ya know? One good thing that's come out of it is that my mom's friends... well, they're now mine. I just got home from my mom's best friend's house where I had the best dinner. They're so sweet and I'm so glad that not only will they be in my life even though my mom's gone, now I'm not just my mom's daughter. I'm their friend. Between you and me, I think Carol (that's the best friend) feels a little excited to have a girl in her life. She's got two sons. :-)

I'm also back to my other job. Photography. My partner and I aren't advertising anymore, but we still get weddings. I did one last night for the sister of one of my girlfriends. Man, weddings are exhausting. I've got a week of editing ahead of me, and another wedding this weekend. Then it's holiday party time! I've been asked to do a few of those also. Wanna see a picture from last night? Check out these rings:



Besides being back to semi-normal, regular life means the holidays are coming up. I HATE the thought of the holidays. Thanksgiving is my favorite, but that's because my mom cooks all my favorite foods. Her cousin from California is coming. I love this lady, but after 7 years of my being married to Ryan, she still doesn't know my last name. So I'm having a really hard time getting excited about Thanksgiving in general, you know? And I sorta think I shouldn't feel guilty about that. But my sense of family obligation is too strong to allow me to wriggle out of it. When really, I just want to sit at home with my husband and shut out the world that day. Then there's Christmas.... *sigh* I just want to cancel all holidays this year, and I would, but my dad is insisting despite my pleas to not do them. Anyway...

The United Way gig is up on Friday. BUT, just last week I interviewed at got a new job. In my same company, but a totally new group. After this, life is not the same. My whole life is different. My family, my job, my clothes (I inherited quite the classy wardrobe)... Just trying to keep it together.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is fabulous!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photograph! (What camera do you use?)

7:51 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

excited to hear more about this new position at work!

....and I understand why you'd want to hide away. You can always be "sick" ;)
love you!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com