Monday, November 24, 2008

It's Raining Men...

... but not in that "hey look at all the sexy guys!" kind of way.  Ha!  This is a post about the men I work with.  And I do work with a lot of men.  Most days I only get a glimpse of a woman or two in the ladies room.  Shoes under the stall door.  Those are the women I know at my company.  

Today though, I saw a woman.  But not just any woman, this young-looking thing dressed like she was going to a club in Scottsdale.  In MY workplace.  Filled with men.  Engineers.  I cover up as much as possible and when I go to the store, anything that pulls even a teeny bit in the boobage area, it's out.  And here's this woman.  Let me describe:  teeny dress w/ a top that sort of wrapped around the important areas.  I assume there were no sleeves, but it was hard to tell because I think she was cold.  She was wearing a coat with a huge fur collar in the office.  But wait, there's more!  The shoes!  Super tall stilettos in an oh so professional leopard print. They were AWESOME.  But I swear, there's MORE.  I asked around, and she's a manager.  Of people!  Wow. 

Back to the men.  Most men in general don't notice things that are important to women.  After being at the United Way for 3 months, I got used to someone noticing my shoes.  Or a new pair of earrings.  It makes a girl want to wear nice things when people notice.  But at my work?  I could chop 10 inches off my hair, and they might not notice.  So today I wore a brand new pair of yummy shoes, all tall and brown with an adorable buckle, and no one noticed.  So I told them I had new shoes, and that they're supposed to ohh and ahhh, and because they're awesome, they did just that the rest of the day.  My guys are great.

Which is why I have to take care of them!  So tomorrow I organized a Fall Food Fest.  We do food spectaculars a few times a year, but this is going to be a good one.  I even got decorations!  It's going to be great.  Well, as long as I can keep an eye on the double-dippers and hoverers.  

I hope you're all having a nice, short week of work!  Almost time to do the requisite "What I'm Thankful For" post.  Contrary to how sad I've been the last few months, I have so much to be thankful for.  So let's practice.  Here's one thing I'm thankful for:  my coworkers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com