Saturday, December 01, 2007

And They're Off!

OMG, I went to a horse track today. Have you ever been to one? I went for a private party and we had free food and drinks in the Manager's Suite with a high-up view of the entire track. We even had our own betting window! And guess what?! I won $60! SUWEET!

The only sorta bad part of the day was that for the first time in, well, I can't even remember how long, it was POURING rain in Arizona today. We had roads closed everywhere, festivals cancelled right and left, its been insane, but the race goes on. Evidently the horses actually run better when its a bit sloppy out there. Something about their feet gripping better I guess.

At one point there was a race dedicated to the Firm that the party was thrown by so we got to go down to the track to get our picture with the winning horse. Sadly, it was POURING rain so badly that we couldn't go out on the track. In fact, the rain was so bad that the Number 8's horse lost its rider. He still came in second! It was all very exciting.

Pictures coming your way!




(This guy won me 60 cents!)


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

!!! I AM SO SORRY !!!
I didn't put two and two together!!
!!! WOW !!!
!!! Again so sorry !!!
Please delete this after you read it I don't want to cause you anymore drama...

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com