Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tis the season!

Tis the season for holiday parties. Ryan and I are going to one today that is at my boss' house for Veterans day. Can anyone say snooze fest? I know he means well, but this feels a lot like work rather then a work 'party'. But, I couldn't just not go. OK, I was PLANNING on not going, until I found out that nobody else was going. Then I started to feel guilty. REALLY guilty, especially when he told me excitedly that he thought he might have as many as 75 people there. At last check, out of everyone invited from my work, there are 5 of us going. Ugh. Which also means I'll feel so guilty while I'm there that we'll have to stay until the bitter end. And I don't think there's gonna be alcohol.

The other thing that stinks about this party is we're responsible for the food. He's going to have a meat dish for the main part of the meal, but he made the rest of us bring everything else. So, for my part I'm bringing my favorite party side dish:



I'm a firm believer that anything that is baked should be made strictly according the recipe. Any other type of food is completely fair game, which is why this one doesn't have an actual recipe. I make a box of farfelle (bowtie), when its done immediately rinse it with cold water then toss it with a little olive oil (so it doesn't stick). I then add little tomatos, basil (torn in bigish pieces), black olives, artichoke heart quarters. I then toss that all with some Free Zesty Italian dressing. When I get to the party I add tomato/basil feta (crumbled) and more dressing until I like the consistency. Its delicious and people always ask for the recipe.

This morning when Ryan and I went to the store to get all those ingredients I had to run out to the car to get our canvas bags (down with plastic!) and noticed a little tiny dog locked in a car with the windows completely rolled up. I think what our friendly winter visitors who come to Arizona don't realize is that even if it feels niceish outside, the inside of your car is still 20 degrees hotter. I was livid. And sometimes when I'm livid I can't keep my mouth zipped (a fact which my girlfriends would gladly attest to). I memorized the license plate and marched back into the store, but I stopped the first people I saw and asked if the car with the dog was theirs. One man said it was his with a big smile, like I was going to say what a cute little doggie he had. I lit into him. And from the look on the other customers' faces I think I might have gone too far.

So tell me, how are you at keeping your mouth shut when you see someone acting like a complete moronic idiot? (ok, evidently I'm still a might mad about it....)

I leave you with a picture from the wedding yesterday. I haven't really gone through them much, but I kinda love this one because its fun and it illustrates how wonderful this bride's mom is. Her mom did all the flowers, the cake, and this candy buffet in Oregon and transported everything down here. Crazy, huh? Anyway, here's a cake that miraculously survived a very long drive here, and a candy bufet that was the hit of the party. For the kids and the adults.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always bring a version of that pasta dish for bbq type parties ..

11:08 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Mm.... cake and candy buffet. My kinda party!
And I've had that yummy pasta. I can personally attest to its awesomeness.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com