Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Thanksgiving that Killed our Carpet

Here is my obligatory blog post for NaBloPoMo. I have a lot to be thankful for this year. My husband, my family, my friends, my job, my charmed life, my pups... I could go on forever.

Sadly, the deliciously successful first attempt at turkey in the atpanda house has left me ready for bed at 9pm. Ryan and I both made a turkey (he a smoked, me a roasted, in case one didn't work out) and both were perfectly juicy and to die for. Add to that mashed potatoes, party potatoes, creamed spinach, stuffing, gravy, rolls, two appetizers, and pumpkin crumble cake... Omg. My poor stomach.

But not poor me! We had an awesome time. Besides us we had my brother and his roommate, Ryan's captain (and my photo partner), the medic on Ryan's truck, and his 2 year-old daughter who's just about enough to convince us to have one of our own. I said JUST about, don't get all worked up. At any rate, it was such a good holiday. I couldn't have asked for the day to go anymore perfect......

......Well except I would have chosen for the little painting project we undertook today to not have ended up in disaster in the form of an entire paint pan full off Cliff White spilling all over our living room floor.  And how about when 3 hours after that one of our guests tracked in a lovely pile of dog crap all over that same floor.  But I could devote an entire post to that. I'm hoping by tomorrow I'll be ready to laugh about it. And the $3000 it'll take us to get our floor replaced.

Thank goodness for good friends and good food to remind us what's REALLY important.

Love to all on Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com