Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Still NaBlahing Like a Champ!

Gotta keep this one short. This afternoon after work I've already managed to hit Target (roasting pan and baster), Home Depot (paint to finish our randomly started project on Sunday), and I braved the crowds at the grocery store. Now I'm going to down a beer to shake it off, then bake as fast as I can, clean the guest bathroom, clean up dog pee (not MY dogs, a dog we're sitting), then I'm off to a play tonight with friends. Sadly, the seat next to me will be empty because I'm dateless, but really, do you NEED to have someone to sit next to when all you're going to do is sit there quietly and watch the stage? Yeah.... this is one of those times that being a firefighter wife is a bummer.

Ryan and I are hosting our very first Thanksgiving tomorrow for a few people who didn't have a place for Thanksgiving. I'm so nervous! Ryan swears he's got the smoked turkey taken care of, but he's never done it before and I haven't seen any prep work going on. I'm cooking a turkey too and I found the BEST website for an engineer cooking a turkey for the first time. OK, its just the best cooking site for an engineer period, but the turkey instructions are perfect for me. You've got to check this site out.

One thing I'm not nervous about for tomorrow are the desserts. I may stress over the main course, but never the baked goods. But just to be sure, I tried out a new recipe on my coworkers today before I committed to it for the big day. Instead of struggling to make the perfect pie, I found this recipe for pecan pie cookies and it was totally a hit. They're this gorgeous little mini pecan treats in the shape of a cookie. Here's the batch I made last night at 9:30 (yikes! bags under the eyes!):



Yeah, the boys at work liked those as a dessert at our mini potluck today, aka Turkey Day Training Session. So those along with my favorite Pumpkin Crumble Cake are going to top off what I hope is going to be my first successful Thanksgiving dinner.

Well, now its off to bake those beauties. I hope you're all stress-free in your Thanksgiving prep!

1 Comments:

Blogger 6truck said...

OMG those cookies look incredible...whats NahBlah-ing?

-tc in dc...

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com