Monday, November 12, 2007

NaBlowMe

Phew! Almost forgot to NaBlopodnfalkdng for the day. Ryan actually called it NaBlowMe earlier. That'd be typical Ryan humor for ya. Which is why Miss AfricanKelli loves him so. :-)

Ahhh yes, the party yesterday was everything I hoped for! Boring and more boring. BUT! Alcohol! Weeeee! Ryan and I were the youngest at this party by at least 15 years, and Ryan had no idea what to do with himself. It was awesome. Old.Engineers. Neat.

Any dog people out there? I need some advice on how to get my little terror http://atpanda.blog.com/102475/ to stop chewing/licking/scratching the wall while we're gone. And don't say bitter apple. Been there. She only goes for one area, so we've started covering it up with her bed, so now she just goes to the same area and starts a new spot as close as she can to where she's already done the damage. That dog... And I refuse to bring that smelly, nasty crate back into the house. And when we're not scolding Mika for that, we're scolding Karma for eating the fertilizer from the grass. Nasty. Maybe we ought to just get a kid. They might be less work.

I'm rambling here in a lame attempt to meet my NaBloPoMo responsibility, when really I just wanna drink a glass of wine and watch Heroes. I think I'll go do that now...

4 Comments:

Blogger carmilevy said...

Kids eventually grow out of it. Dogs? Not so much. We're experiencing something similar with Frasier, our rescued miniature schnauzer puppy. He chews paper, cardboard, anything tree-based. He'll go to town in the recycling box when we're away.

We've been working with him when we can, sitting him in front of the treasured pile of paper and positively reinforcing him when he sits and stays. But it's hard to reinforce when we're out of the house.

I know I need to read up some more on this. I'll let you know what I find out.

It's a good thing they're so cute.

7:52 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Did you just link my name and "blow me?" LORD.

How about cayenne pepper with the doggie? That is a great way to stop biting your nails. Might work.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I read your post title I thought to myself "THAT is what I've been trying to say!"
Today I'm feeling bitter toward my committment.
I just want to stare at the TV, maybe read some HP 7 - yes I've started it finally, and fall asleep early.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

hahahah that's what I call it too!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com