Saturday, November 17, 2007

Earn their $$

If you've planned a wedding in recent years, you know that wedding photographers are really expensive. Now between you and me, I have looked at a heck of a lot of photographers recently, and there's a lot of hacks out there who charge upwards of about $1500 for a 5 hour wedding. Simple math tells you that these people earn $300 an hour.

That said, there are a lot of photographers out there who are worth every penny. I've seen some wedding photography that is more art then anything else. I hope one day I can do weddings as well as some of those people...

I know we paid an arm and a leg for our photos, and I'm so glad we did. We have pictures from our wedding that are gorgeous and we'll have them forever. Worth every penny.

Since we're just starting out, we're not charging very much money at all. But I think what people don't get is that wedding photography is a heck of a lot more then just showing up for a wedding. Let's break it down:

Charge for 7 hour wedding: $700
Hours spent at wedding site day of wedding: 8
Hours spent scouting wedding site: 1
Hours spent meeting with clients: 2
Hours spent preparing equipment for wedding: 1
Hours spent post-processing: 10 (5 each)

So for two photographers, that's really $31.81/hr, or $15.91 per person per hour.

So, what do you think? Worth the money?








1 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

Are you kidding? And then some. These shots are gorgeous! They'll love them.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com