Friday, November 16, 2007

Day 16 - Painting Party

Tonight I hopped my hubby up on pain pills and dragged him over to africankelli's house for a Painting Party. I'd post pictures, but really, isn't that for her blog? :-) If we're lucky we'll get pics of me in a bandana with pigtails in sweat pants covered in every color paint we've ever painted in a house. I was quite the fashionable painter today.

Last week I wrote that Ryan and I were homeless for Thanksgiving. Low and behold, we've now been invited all over the place for Thanksgiving! We're so lucky to have friends who would open their homes on a family holiday. BUT, we decided that we knew some people who were homeless too and we're adopting them! So we've now got 5 people for our little feast and I couldn't be more excited.

So tell me, what Thanksgiving traditions do you do every year? Are you like me and can't wait for the Broadway numbers in the Macy Parade? (are those cancelled this year because of the strike?!?) Do you watch football? (yuck!) Play games after dinner? I have a feeling our new holiday tradition might involve drinking games with the guys coming over here. Oh, did I mention they're all guys? I'm wondering if the 11 pound turkey is enough for a gaggle of guys... hmmmmmm

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GET A BIGGER TURKEY !!!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree on the turkey... or perhaps switch things up and get a ham too! you'll be a hero! You're a brave soul. This is my first year cooking a turkey but I'm just doing it for Chris and the munchkin. As for traditions..we had them growing up but have yet to start them with my family, mostly because last year was the first year we spent it with just us at our house. And I was pregnant and sick with morning sickness. So really it doesn't count. I'm not sure but I did get Grace some books on Thanksgiving so maybe we'll start a reading tradition. No football, but I do like the game idea. Too bad 2 people isn't much fun for Trivial Pursuit. Maybe a trip to a park or something for munchkin.. Have fun!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com