Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Oh, there you are!

Um, yeah, so it took me a few tries, but it turns out I DO remember how to post! ;-)

July has been an insane month for sure. I never even told you about the rest of our trip! Went to a hot spring resort, saw cool indian ruins, climbed a ladder up a tall cliff, saw some dinosaur footprints, you know, the usual stuff. It was easily one of our best vacations together! I think it was because for once I didn't plan something for us to do every second of the day. In an Excel spreadsheet. Sorted by user reviews and cost. Color coded according to which things I most want to do. At any rate, it was romantic and adventurous and fun. I swear I married a great travel partner.


Also in July we added a new member to our family. A MacBook Pro. It is a thing of beauty. It has no right-click button, sure, but what it also doesn't have is viruses, pop-ups, and headaches for us. We finally just had it with PCs so we're fully converted. I *heart* Apple. And now that we own an Apple, that makes us officially dorkafied, right? But I'm telling you, some day every one of you will throw your hands up in the air because you're tired of your PC ruining your life with its blue screens, 5 minute start-up time, waiting for 'updates' while your computer slowly shuts down, pesky viruses and obnoxious pop-ups and you'll change too. Plus, Apples are THE it computer. They're cool! And cute! You know you want one!


Ah but, I left the biggest news for last... Drum roll please! My mother went back to work today! That is big, HUGE. She has been fighting this horrid disease since last November so this is a massive step. To celebrate, I threw a party for her last weekend. It was seriously so fun. Because of her paper cranes I decided to create an Asian themed party. So I invited all the people in her life who did wonderful things for her while she was ill and told them we, her family, wanted to thank them. And thank them we did! My Aunt flew all the way from Florida with homemade goodies for each of them, my dad and I whipped up a ton of food (him from Costco, me from my kitchen, Asian style of course!). I think it was a hit! Everyone seemed to have a great time. Miss AfricanKelli was there in full force. She's seriously the most awesome friend a girl could hope for.

I've got all kinds of pictures, but unfortunately I don't have them on the new computer yet. But, what I do have for you is the recipe for the most kick-ass, easy crab puffs you'll ever make. I highly recommend them. I made batch after batch at the party and couldn't keep up! Here you go:

2 8oz. packages cream cheese, softened
1 can crab meat, or 3-4 pieces imitation crab (I do imitation because of shellfish allergies)

1/2 onion, finely minced
1 tbs minced garlic
1 package wonton wrappers
oil for frying

Combine first 5 ingredients until well-blended. Heat oil to medium in a frying pan. Take a wrapper and place a small amount of filling into the center. Fold the wrapper over into a triangle and seal the edges with a dab of water on a fingertip. Fry them until they are golden brown on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately w/ sweet-and-sour dipping sauce. Mmmmmm


Delicious, I'm telling you.


So one last thing that we're up to... Ryan and I are going with his fire department to NYC again this year for the 9/11 firefighter run. I cannot tell you how excited we are! We've got a good group going, including a new couple we've been hanging out with a lot. A girl I have stuff in common with! That I can chat with about stuff other then firefighting 24/7! Weee! So if you're in the Phx area and would like to donate to this awesome cause, I'm taking donations. We're paying our own way, so all the money will go to burn centers, children's organizations and other worthy causes supported by the Stephen Siller 'Let Us Do Good' Foundation. NYC or bust!


Promise to attempt to blog more. But until then, enjoy a few more pics from Colorado.



This is a ladder into an Indian kiva.


We had a to climb a 3 story wooden ladder
up a freaking cliff to get to these ruins. SO SCARY.


Huge foot.
And a dinosaur footprint.

3 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Welcome back! You were missed! :) I read about the party on Kelli's blog and figured that must have been your mom. I'm so happy she's doing well. It sounds like you threw an amazing party. I hope her first day back at work is the start of nothing but good health for her. Nice Colorado pics too! ;)

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea for your mom!

And terrific pics (as usual).

Don't worry about being away ... I think we've all been guilty of that here and there this summer. Hopefully everyone's schedule calms down a bit soon.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that really a dinosaur print? Because I'm just geeking out a bit over here. Awesome!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com