Thursday, August 23, 2007

No Sleep

Man, I am having the worst time sleeping lately. I've been accused of being a smidge type-A and I totally internalize my stress. I wake up in a sweat thinking about things I'm working on, jobs un-done, things I've procrastinated to the point where I don't know how to do them without embarassing myself....

I've had a lot to stress about lately. I'm suddenly a business owner with all that entails. Money to buy what I need, the stress of trying to find clients, meeting clients, showing my work to clients... Then I brilliantly decided to make my own webpage. But I didn't just want a page where words are thrown up on a black background. I want a beautiful website that will convince people that they can trust me with their special day. But somehow, and I blame it on the Mac, I'm struggling. So now I'm dreaming in html. EEK!

The other thing waking me up at night? Bugs. We've got them all of suddenly. Crickets, spiders, earwigs, and worst of all ANTS in our kitchen. The bug guy came out and those bugs laughed in his face. F U Bugman! We own this place! And the ants, oh the ants! I have never, EVER had ants in my house and they have invaded my sanctuary: the kitchen. Its me against the ants. Since the bug spray did nothing, I'm taking them on one by one. Grrrr! Take that! And you take that! And I'll leave YOU to run back and tell your little friends what happened here. I think I'm making progress. But that's not stopping the nightmares where I'm being bitten by a swarm of those suckers. And it doesn't help when I'm awake at 1:30am and find a ginormous spider in the bathroom. UGH! And before you suggest stuff like vinegar, forget it. These ants had a swim party in the vinegar.

The other stress in our life is the money we're trying to raise to support the firefighter charities for our NYC run in September. BUT, we have been so lucky with really generous companies who have given shocking prizes. Just this week we got TWO huge gift things from PetSmart. Each one is worth over $400! CRIPE! They put together really thoughtful things for a big dog, and really thoughtful things for a small dog. Little dog: stroller, carrier, spa day, training, toys, treats, clothes, books.... Big dog: bed, hiking gear, spa day, life vest, food bag, treats, leashes, toys... We were SHOCKED. Here's some pics:







Isn't that AMAZING?

Other than all that, we're just trying our best to make extra money and spend frugally. This year we've had 2 ski trips, a Cali trip, a Colorado trip, and now we're going to NYC. Oh man, are we feeling it in the wallet!

So again, if you know anyone who needs wedding photography! :-)

**** BWAHAHAHA! Earlier when I wrote the 'EEK', I actually wrote that in code, you know with the code for bolding text and all that, but blogger actually did it! Oh man, look at me, maybe I can code!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously? A stroller for a small dog? Wow.. I thought it was a fancy baby stroller at first..hehe.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ewww... bugs! we have been having bugs in the garden like crazy lately, and in our dreams too!

good luck with your webpage. are you using dreamweaver? it's better than trying to write the code from scratch. :)

cool gifts from petsmart!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

Congrats on the new business!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com