Friday, August 17, 2007

Hola

So.... Things are insane! Not only am I all carried away in having my LIFE back (well hello gym, thank you for kicking my arss), I have big news!

Drum rollllll........
I am now the proud owner of my own business. I have to say it is all thanks to a good friend of mine who knew I'd done one wedding and offered my services up to a friend of hers. Then I asked Ryan's Captain to be my second shooter (gawd, I hate when people say 'shoot' a picture. so violent!). And it kind of snowballed. Lee and I haven't even done a wedding together yet, but somehow we've got at least 3 weddings this fall and for sure 1 in the spring with two other possibilities. Um, hello second income!

Sadly (although not really for me) I will be using the majority of my earnings to fund my habit. Oh, I mean business expenses. This is just an excuse to buy more fun toys for my camera!

Speaking of, I totally bought lighting equipment! I'm always doing little photo projects in our spare room (case in point: http://flickr.com/photos/atpanda/1045858735/) and I've been using, for over two years now, a light I bought at Home Depot for like $9 that I hand-hold and hope it works out. Screw that! I'm doing a wedding on Oct 5th that is going to be IN THE DARK, and I'm going to do my best to create good light.

Did I mention my high school sweetheart/ex-boyfriend that I dated for like 4 years is the DJ at this wedding? Lovely...

BUT, we mush on for the sake of our art! HOORAH!

So, did I mention I OWN MY OWN BUSINESS!! I cannot tell you how exciting that feels. I seriously left my meeting w/ my tax lady positively giddy, and when I went and applied for a checking account for my business, the poor bank lady didn't even know what to do with me!

On to other news..... there is none! Still plugging along getting donations for the firefighter raffle, preparing for NYC etc. Its Friday night, which means Ryan's off tonight. It also means all pretense of saving money by cooking in goes out the window and we are currently drinking beers, listening to Marley, and waiting for the pizza guy. We are SOOOO college students in 29 year-old bodies.

Also, did you know I AM THE OWNER OF A BUSINESS? Never thought I'd say that...

If you live in the Phoenix area and know of someone who needs a photographer, let me know! I do weddings,family portraits, bar mitzvahs, bat mitzahs, corporate events, the opening of a can of soup.... I'll pimp myself out to anyone with the ability to pay! Weeeeee!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda Congrats!! That spare room could be a great place to shoot portraits out of.. I'm sure you've already thought of that of course.. the portraits Grace and I had taken when I was pregnant were done, for the most part, in the living room of the lady who was taking them. Good luck!! Perhaps when we're there in October we'll need your services for some pictures of the girls! I'd rather send my money/business towards someone I know! And I've seen your pics and they're awesome so I know I'd be in good hands..

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two at a wedding together? Only 10 years to late. Just kidding! I just thought it was pretty funny! Good luck on your new business. We will have to have you do some family portraits with my parents next time we are in town.

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! New business owner.
I know you will do great.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey congrats kid. i am deeply envious =)

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very excited about this wedding!!! maybe I can slip you some drinks :) :) :) its gonna be a blast!!!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com