Thursday, May 03, 2007

A British Chimp in a Bar

Ten points if you can name that band!

Ahh yes, here I am. In England. But you know what? WEEEEEE! I'm having an AWESOME time now. I switched hotels! I'm staying in a super new, super nice hotel. Let's compare the differences:

-Bed that sags and smells like sweat VS. COMFY COMFY bed w/ duvet and fluffy pillow
-Shitty carpet with stains, outdated creaky furniture VS. 6 month-old contemporary furniture and decorations
- Working out to Billy Blanks on my computer but skipping the kicking and jumping parts due to the teeny room and squeeking floors VS. state-of-the-art workout equipment in a gym supplied with free waters and a nice TV
- Shitty bar vs. bar with lots of beer (I should have put this one first, of course)

Need I go on? This hotel is awesome! And I just walked to a skittles pub (skittles is a super fun game involving drinking and sorta bowling) and had sundried tomato, artichoke and wild mushroom risotto with basil pesto on top. And a Guiness. Which really is better here.

Well, coincidentally (swear, didn't plan this at all), but the UK has a bank holiday monday. Meaning, I can't go to work! Poor me! Free 3-day weekend! I do, technically have to work on Monday, but I'll do some touring too. My plans: Bath (love!), 2 castles, the coast, and possibly Stratford-Upon-Avon (although its super far). My girlfriends are voting Paris by train, but now I've got this kick-ass hotel and all... And I don't think I really want to go to the City of Love without my hubby...

Anyway, no good pictures because I've been working too much, but tons over the weekend! My plan tomorrow night is to take myself to this chain restaurant in town that's participating in the week-long real ale festival. Bet you didn't know there's a difference between REAL ale and the other stuff, huh? I didn't either! But I'm going to find out by the pint tomorrow!

Night night!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was there with you!

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a new hotel & a 3 day weekend? what a change. yay for you.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, it KILLS that you dig Guiness!!!!

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE Bath! Say hi to everyone for me ;)

Hope your time over there gets less lonely, and that your Mom is doing okay.

My Dad is in the hospital right now too, but for hospice care until he can go home again.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com