Wednesday, April 18, 2007

More Than Meatza Pie!

Oh my goodness folks. I just made the meal to end all meals. My Aunt from Florida sent me this hilarious cookbook for Christmas this year called Eat, Shrink and Be Merry! I'm convinced they spent as much time on the recipe names as the recipes themselves. A few examples: "Salmon and Garfunkel", "Touched by an Angel Hair Pasta", and "Hakuna Frittata". Its also got great tips for healthy eating and random fun stuff like the following: "When you apply for a job at Coca-Cola, do they give you a pop quiz?" and Q: What do you call cheese that doesn't belong to you? A: Nacho cheese!

This book is entertaining and informative, and as I found out tonight it has some damn good recipes! Tonight I braved "More Than Meata Pie". They describe it as "Bacon-double-cheeseburger meat loaf pizza". That sounded like the perfect thing for my Ryan! Meat, meat and more meat. Picture first:



See that crust? Its not a crust at all! The crust is the meat of the pizza. I'm telling you people, this was DELICIOUS and if I had kids I'd make this all the time. My big kid certainly liked it, even said it was the most fun thing I'd ever made.

More Than Meatza Pie

1 1/4 lb extra lean ground beef
8 oz light ground sausage (I used hot)
1/3 C. Italian-seasond bread crumbs
1/3 C. minced onions

1/3 C. + 1/2 C. pizza sauce
1/4 C. grated Parm. cheese
1 egg
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1 C. shredded light cheese (cheddar)

1/2 C. diced tomatoes
4 slices bacon (I used turkey)
cooked and crumbled
2 Tb. chopped green onions

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Spray two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Combine beef, sausage, bread crumbs, onions, 1/3 C pizza sauce, Parm cheese, egg, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl. Mix with hands. Divide in half and press divided mixture evenly over bottom of cake pans, spreading to edges. Bake 25 minutes, until meat is no longer pink.
3. Remove pans from oven and drain off any liquid. Carefully transfer 'crusts' to a cookie sheet. Blot tops dry with paper towels. Spread 1/4 C. pizza sauce over each 'crust'. Top with cheese, followed by tomatoes, crumbled bacon, and green onions.
4. Bake another 10 minutes until cheese is completely melted. Eat! Mmmmm.

I'm telling you, this was amazing and a sure do-over for my house.

I was going to leave you with breathtaking pictures of Monterey Peninsula and Pebble Beach, but Blogger just stopped behaving. I know, you're so sad. :-) Another day. I'm off to watch Shrek 2 with my hubby. Yay for his new job that has him home every night!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your layout is just as nice as mine is......

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com