Thursday, April 26, 2007

Girls night in

Oh, and by 'girls' I mean 'me'. And by 'in' I mean 'by myself at a hotel in Flagstaff eating a burrito from my favorite Mexican place from college times, drinking a beer, and missing my husband'.

I'm in Flagstaff for work right now. Usually when I come up here for work I drag Ryan along, he rides his bike through the forest while I'm in meetings, then we hit the town at night. But this time I'm flying solo. I was excited about getting my favorite food and vegging in the hotel, but now that I'm here? Its really not as exciting as I expected. I miss my man.

I imagine there are some people who think Ryan and I are a bit off in how much we just love to spend our time together, but I think we've been like that since we met. And now that he's in a job where I don't see him all the time, our time is that much more precious. So when I travel for work, even for a few days, its hard.

That's why I'm halfway dreading Sunday.

If you've been reading this blog for a while, or you've looking back through my archives into the summer of 2005, you'll know that in May of 2005 I was sent to England for work for 2 weeks. 3 months later I was allowed to go home.

So you can imagine how reluctant I am to get on a plane this Sunday for two weeks ("Let's just leave the return date open, just in case..."). That's right kids, I'm back to England next week. I really do think its only going to be two weeks, but I've already prepared myself for the fact that they'll probably ask me to stay until June 1. Um, no, but thank you. I don't care that you're in a bind man. I love my life and 2 weeks away from it is too long...

I guess what I'm saying is, expect pictures and sad posts from England coming to a blog near you soon. Yay. Boo.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pics ... and hear how miserable you are. I would feel the same way.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey darlin! can't wait to see all your pics from your trip to england. i am so jealous of all the cool places you get to go!

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way i am at picturejen.wordpress.com now.. although haven't done much with it yet :(

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com