Monday, March 12, 2007

Why yes I wear a sports bra and slippers to all my meetings

Hey all! Guess what? I'm at home two and a half hours after I got off work, and I'm in a meeting! Because of one of my foreign customers, we had to have a super late telecon to fit their schedule. Its actually 8am their time tomorrow. So here I sit in my work-out clothes (that's next on the agenda) listening in on an incredibly dull discussion about software anomolies. Joy! But who else can brag that they blog during meetings? :-)

I think I wrote last week that I was joining the photography club at my work. I tell you, these people are amazing! There are all different skill levels, different tastes, different formats being used, etc. I'm just so excited! I was thrilled by their feedback
on a few of my pictures and the nervous butterflies I had quickly disappeared when I met the rest of the group. They were all so gracious and they have great ideas for future projects and trips. One gentleman in particular had a picture that he took a few weeks ago in Yosemite that looks like it came straight out of an Ansel Adams exibit. It was AMAZING. And, he turned me on to this awesome print company. They are very reasonably priced, do great work, have free shipping, and have a huge range of products. White House Custom Colour. If you're looking for a good printer, they seem to be a good choice.

Dang, for real, I can barely understand these guys. They're Asian and speak English well, but they talk so fast and with the technical jargon I can't keep up. Guess it doesn't help that I'm writing to you kind folks. But sitting in a meeting with a puppy
sitting next to me for a head scratch? That's pretty darn cool.

Other cool stuff to share: Ryan and I had two double dates this weekend. On Friday I was the only non-firefighter of the four (which leads to me contemplating my beer a lot). Then last night we went out with another firefighter and his wife. We've run into this couple at parties and things. When I was on my run last week with the puppies the woman happened to drive past me and we chatted. I bugged Ryan to call them to see if they wanted to go out, but they called us first! They are so flipping fun. He's one of Ryan's coworkers, and one of the few we can hang out with without talking about firefighter the entire night. So fun! AND they have a movie theater in their house. I need one! How cool is that?


Besides our dates, we also did yard work, washed dogs, washed cars, went to the Scottsdale Art Fest (prime people watching!), went and looked at historic homes in Phx, and went to a party for some of my old high school friends. I was the walking dead today at work.

OK, I suppose I should go back to listening to this stuff that's droning on in my ear. I'll leave you with my most recent self-portrait attempt. Anyone want to give me tips on focusing for a self-portrait?


3 Comments:

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

That's a fine self-portrait! Mine always end up with the delete button.

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whew! You've been busy!
I like the self-portrait. To me, it looks perfect, so I'm not the best person to offer advice.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I read somewhere that everyone thinks there was a different point on the face to focus on, yours doesn't look like it needs much help, frankly, you have such a good nose.

anyway, the guy giving the advice finally said the eyes have it...to focus there.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com