Wednesday, March 07, 2007

See ya Red!

Today was a sad day in atpanda's house.

Ryan has only had one car of his own his entire driving life. His parents generously gave him a Mustang for his high school graduation, and he's had it since. Ten years he's had that car! That car has been to Flagstaff and back countless times for school, to gigs when Ryan was still playing (*sniff*), it came as a 'his' into our marriage, its lived at two houses after we married, its been made fun of by firefighters who overcompensate (did I say that?? I kid!) with their big trucks, and now it has moved on to a new home.

I've got some sentimental attachment to this car. (OK, who are we kidding, I get
irrationally emotionally attached to 'things' all the time) But this car.... The first time I saw Ryan he was stepping out of this car. We lived in the same apartment complex in college, and the day I moved in two blonde boys pulled up in this sleek Mustang, fresh from the gym (the boys, not the Mustang), and when they stepped out I knew my time in that apartment was going to be fun. From then on, whenever I saw that car in the parking lot I knew Ryan was home. I left notes on that windshield. Once, one of my girlfriends threw a half-eaten sub at the Mustang because she felt Ryan had done me wrong (20-somethings angst. we're over it). And once, I left him a single sunflower on the windshield to find when he got out of class.

And now she's gone. Sold to the first guy who laid eyes on her.

I know we made the right choice. Ryan has a new vehicle that he adores (seriously, I'm so jealous!), and the money sure is great, but still...

Here's wishing her a good new life. (and don't think we're not using this as a reason to drink tonight! Cause we are! "Here's to the Mustang!")


4 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

I nearly got squashed like a bug in that car once. Do you remember that? Regardless, she cleans up pretty and I'm sure she'll make the next dude very happy!
Adios Rojita!

6:33 PM  
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

I get attached to objects too. I cried when I sold my last car, but it was no Mustang!

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeeps are WAY better than Mustangs in this girl's opinion.

But I know how attached my husband gets to his toys, so I can sympathize. We just sold his boat, and that was a hard knot to swallow.

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooooh!
LOVE that car! She's a beaut and is going to continue on being loved.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com